In the career of plastic arts I'm doing a major in "engravin"; I've been there for three years and I'll finish the career there. Since the beginning, I didn't know the engraving, but even so I taken it, I think maybe it was because I liked the workshop atmosphere, maybe the people, I don't know, but I didn't kwon the technique. However, now I like it so much; even more that the technique, I like the lenguage of engraving: the print, the register, the materiality, etc.
On the other side (maybe parallel), I would like to study pedagogy, to complement my artistic studies. It would be a pedagogy in arts, but I don't think that I'm going to be an "official" teacher. I would like to do free workshops about engraving, but having the pedagogical knowledge; even I would offer these workshops to some schools, but I would not subordinate myself to a school structure. I feel It's
all so much square.
I don't like the character of art classes in the school, I would prefer to teach people interested in learning about this.
I guess that something like an interview would be when I present the workshops somewhere, and if I have to talk about my strengths and weaknesses in this subject, I think that a strength is that I know about the engraving and how it is produced, and a weakness maybe that I would be novice in this format of class... anyhow, I would try to do an experimental class, where everything is trial, in this aspect I don't know if there is a definitive guide, then I would not be too lost.
On the other side (maybe parallel), I would like to study pedagogy, to complement my artistic studies. It would be a pedagogy in arts, but I don't think that I'm going to be an "official" teacher. I would like to do free workshops about engraving, but having the pedagogical knowledge; even I would offer these workshops to some schools, but I would not subordinate myself to a school structure. I feel It's
all so much square.
I don't like the character of art classes in the school, I would prefer to teach people interested in learning about this.
I guess that something like an interview would be when I present the workshops somewhere, and if I have to talk about my strengths and weaknesses in this subject, I think that a strength is that I know about the engraving and how it is produced, and a weakness maybe that I would be novice in this format of class... anyhow, I would try to do an experimental class, where everything is trial, in this aspect I don't know if there is a definitive guide, then I would not be too lost.

your engravings are great, you could make illustrations for objects!!
ResponderEliminarhi emilio! I really admire people who want to teach, specially arts, good job in there !
ResponderEliminarThere's something in engraving that makes people want to become teachers
ResponderEliminar
ResponderEliminarI was in pedagogy and it is better to teach outside the schools ... school sucks !
ResponderEliminarHi Emilio, I wanna teach arts too, I consider that it's very important to build us like a better society and persons