My favourite photo


The photo that I chose is a photo that I found recently, reviewing family albums. In it, I and my mother appear 20 years ago, maybe in 1998 or near, and we are in the same buildings where we live today.

This photo is part of a sequence of photos that took to us (I do not know who) randomly, while we walking, without any specific reason.

That is something that I like a lot about this photo and its group, initially, apart the normal thing of seeing the family and oneself so different, and seeing the place so changed, there is a “no intention” or “pretension” in the photo, it's too much the natural capture of a moment.



I like it also because you see a kind of complicity here, there is something in the photo that make me think the photograph not just like an object; looking at thousands of photos, it in specific made me stop in it, in the situation, it makes me want to know what we were doing, what she told me or what I told to her.

It gives me a strange feeling, it’s something uncomfortable in the stomach, but it’s not bad, it’s like a sincere nostalgia, and with a bodily sensation that makes me want a hug, I don’t know if I could explain it in a better way, but in general it’s very gratifying.

It's great, I feel that it could not be a better picture, that it couldn’t fulfill its function better.




Comentarios

Publicar un comentario