If I have to talk about our favourite artist, in general, I always think about Francis Bacon.
He was a British painter, characterizad by the use of deformation and a deep ambiguity in his works.
Generally, he take the limits of painting, of the figurative images and of art to critical points. He have a constant interest around of materiality, and in his paitings he works a dimension of the human body totally material. within the ideas that motivated him, was the idea of that his paiting could transmit the human prescence on its surfaces, just like the slime of a snail.
I really like the viscerality of his work, and I think that he really gets it, and make us feel the meet; apart, in a moment I had an engraving work that could have talked on the same terms, and I just realize me after about this.
When I worked this, I just go with the flow, and there, maybe I had contact with that viscerality.
The first arpproach that I had with this artist was with a painting called "Portrait of Pope Innocent X", that its a quote to Velazquez. Its a grotesque and dark painting, and the "tension" that he gets here disturb so much. I must have seen other paintings of him before, but this inpacted me and then I remembered his name, and when I made my work I collapsed.



Comentarios
Publicar un comentario